ICBP originated from the Consumer Branded Product (“CBP”) Group of its parent company, PT Indofood Sukses Makmur Tbk (“Indofood”). Its business operations began in 1982 with the production of instant noodles. CBP Group entered into nutrition and special foods in 1985, and in 1990, expanded into snack foods through a co-operation with Fritolay Netherlands Holding B.V., an affiliated company of PepsiCo. The food seasonings business was set up in 1991.
The dairy business began in 2008 through the acquisition of Drayton Pte. Ltd., the majority shareholder of PT Indolakto (“Indolakto”). In 2009, Indofood restructured the various consumer businesses under CBP Group to establish ICBP. Since its establishment as a separate entity, ICBP has developed its businesses and strengthened its leading position in most of its market segments. The key milestones following the establishment of ICBP are as follows:
Started the noodles business.
Started the nutrition and special foods business.
Started the snack foods business through a joint venture with Fritolay Netherlands Holding B.V., an affiliate of PepsiCo.
Started the food seasonings business.
- Started the biscuit business.
- Collaborated with Nestlé SA to market culinary products.
Started the dairy business through the acquisition of Drayton Pte. Ltd., which owns a majority share of PT Indolakto (“Indolakto”).
Incorporation of PT Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur
Listing on the Indonesia Stock Exchange
Started the Beverage Business
- Entered into the Packaged Water Business through the Acquisition of the Club Brand
- Expanded the Dairy Business through the Acquisition of the Milkuat Brand
- Acquired full ownership in the Beverages and Culinary Products’ Subsidiaries
- Expanded Product Distribution of Paper Diapers Business