Indofood Environmental Policy
As an Indofood subsidiary, ICBP’s commitment to protect the environment is guided by the Indofood Environmental Policy. Under this policy, the Company strives to develop and maintain the environmental management system as well as provide resources that enable ICBP to:
- Strive to adhere to the relevant rules and regulations related to environmental management;
- Take preventive measures against pollution covering water, air and soil pollution through continuous improvement and assessment of environmental practices, taking into consideration the development of new technology, regulations and the need of our Company to obtain optimum results;
- Utilize natural resources and energy in an effective and efficient manner;
- Conserve water and protect biodiversity, including reducing waste with “Reuse, Recycle and Recovery” principles;
- Increase awareness and competency of all employees in environmental management.
A task force has been established in each operating unit and assigned to manage, monitor, measure and report environmental performance. Areas assessed include energy, greenhouse gas emissions, waste and water. We have built the capacity of our task force through regular environment-related training programs.
Program for Pollution Control, Evaluation and Rating (“PROPER”)
PROPER is an environmental assessment initiated by the Ministry of Environment and Forestry of the Republic of Indonesia to encourage corporate compliance with environmental regulations. It covers a wide range of criteria from environmental permits and hazardous waste management to air, water pollution and environmental damage control. In 2017, approximately half of ICBP’s operating units were engaged by the local authority for PROPER assessment. Four units were awarded the green rating which demonstrates environmental performance beyond compliance requirements. We also conducted PROPER internal self-assessment in other units across the Company to ensure our operations met the government’s environmental requirements.
Environmental and Energy Management System
We have implemented environmental management systems that conform to international standards. We also actively promote good environmental and energy management practices to mitigate the impact of our operations on the environment. Almost half of ICBP operating units were certified to ISO 14001 for Environmental Management System and several of them were also certified to ISO 50001 for Energy Management System.